If your dream job is to work for a company that has all of the energy, passion, and brilliant co-workers of a tech start-up, but with great staying power, we want to hear from you. We are that company.
PolicyMedical is at the forefront of creating life-saving healthcare software and is heavily connected to the Valley, and the Canadian and American healthcare ecosystems.
We’re growing rapidly, and are in search of a new Software Trainer. If you’re a technical trainer who’s looking for a chance to take on a more personal, client-facing role, have experience in the SaaS or VAR industry, and are ready to make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Your goal in this position is twofold. As a trainer, you’ll visit clients across the U.S., where you’ll provide training sessions for our policy management software. You’ll use your excellent communication skills to train non-specialists and make sure they have the tools they need to operate our software effectively. To do so, you need to be the type of person who can easily translate your high-level technical understanding of our product into easily digestible information.
When not travelling, you’ll work out of our office, where you’ll provide phone and online support for our customers. While we don’t expect you to be an expert programmer or software engineer, you’ll have to solve level-one customer issues (be able to determine system errors from user errors, for instance).
The best in this job will have the following skills/qualities:
- Public Speaking – you’re comfortable in front of an audience and know how to present complex information clearly and effectively.
- Quick learner – you can pick up all the details of our software, and use that knowledge to anticipate and answer customer questions.
- Customer service – you like helping people, and genuinely enjoy showing people the great functionality that our software provides.
Working With Us
This is a full-time, permanent position, with a salary range of $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Working at PolicyMedical
There are many reasons why you’ll love working at PolicyMedical, but two things will probably stand out: autonomy and empowerment. The people we hire are smart and innovative and we don’t smother them with micro management.
We’re a small and nimble innovator in an industry that is undergoing substantial change and growth. We can promise you’ll learn a ton, and see the difference you make with your work.
We’re located in the tech corridor of Richmond Hill, and have a gorgeous space with a modern start-up feel. We believe work shouldn’t be done sitting down all the time, so we have an open concept office with multiple meeting rooms to let the creativity flow. Our people also enjoy a friendly game of ping pong, or playing X-Box in the lounge. We know that sometimes you need to let off a little steam so we definitely encourage a mixture of work and play in the office, and if you want to work from home sometimes, we’re down with that too. Want to know more? Just hit this link!
Overall, we don’t want you to think of this as a job, we want you to think of this as a career – a place to build your future. When we find great talent, we hang on to it.
- 5+ years experience in a software training role
- 2+ year experience with web-based training
- 3+ years experience working with CRM software, preferably Salesforce
- 2+ years experience/knowledge of SAAS based helpdesk software would be an asset
- Experience and high level of comfort with public speaking or being in front of audiences
- Background in SaaS, VAR, or equivalent industry
- Experience and ability to do level 1 technical troubleshooting
- Valid passport, and ability to travel up to twice a month to the U.S.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (Software, Computer Science, Business, Liberal Arts etc.)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.