As the healthcare industry continues to adapt to the technological world, more and more tech companies have seen a rise in the demand of their offerings. This rise has attracted several vendors to grow their pool of offerings, as well as encourages newbies to enter the market. Thus, this naturally creates competition, as well as a lot of variety of options to choose from. Thereby, it is understandable that there may be some confusion and lack of clarity when it comes to choosing which application may be the best fit for your healthcare organization.
Being in the healthcare industry as contract and policy management software vendors for over a decade, we have evolved our brand and solutions to cater for the evolution of the industry. We have also recognized and analyze our competition, which has led us to acquire a tremendous amount of knowledge regarding the solutions in the market, as well as what to look for when buying. With that said, we realize that our solutions may not always be the perfect match for every healthcare organization and that there may be other vendors that are a better fit; we’ll let you decide.
In the recent months several potential and existing clients have been asking me certain questions related to selecting a software vendor. How do they choose the right software for their organization? How do they sort through the marketing and sales hype? And how can they tell which vendor will be with them for the long haul and which will disappear after the sale? These are just some of the questions potential clients have been asking me when evaluating applications that solve problems.
Below you will find a list of 5 items that I believe are crucial in making the right decision.
- The most important thing is to gather through and assess requirements for what the software is supposed to achieve. Figure out what it is you really need. The solution must align with the goals of the business and must meet the needs of the stakeholders. If you know what you want, ideally separated into a must-have list and a nice-to-have list, it will be much easier to figure out if any given solution fits your business.
- Check the software provider’s credentials and certificates. When evaluating contract or policy management software vendors and technology partners look into their background. How long have they been in business? Are they growing or downsizing?” Do they have partner certifications relevant to the solution you are looking to implement? Do they have an engineering team to focus on product/solution development?”
- What do other customers have to say? Ask vendors for references in your industry. Happy clients will gladly share their experiences with you. When speaking or emailing with customers, be sure to ask: How long have they been a client? How has this provider addressed their specific needs as a company doing business in their specific industry? Is the customer service team responsive and knowledgeable?” In addition, search the Web for reviews, both positive and negative, of the provider.
- Check for hidden or additional fees. Look for hidden costs in the contract, such as additional fees for in-person training, document management services, setup or annual maintenance fees in addition to the monthly support costs. Be cautious of provisions that allow the vendor to increase fees during the course of the contract and see if there are provisions that would allow you to get out of a contract after a specified time period if the system is not working for you
- Test out the product or service. Before committing to a new contract or policy management software solution, be sure to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of a system. Most software companies offer a free trial to test features, benefits and usability. Then, during the trial, make sure the software contains the features you need, as well as the functionality. And don’t be afraid to ask the vendor questions. You’ll want to make sure it’s a perfect fit for your company over the long haul.
Selecting The Right Policy Management Application
These are just some of the factors to consider when selecting an application that will be used within your organization. Ultimately you want to ensure the solution will meet your business needs and help you solve the problem or issue.
At PolicyMedical, our team continuously works to develop and build robust solutions to help healthcare workers focus on their primary tasks, that is taking care of their patients. To that end, our PolicyManager and Contracts Manager solutions help healthcare organizations manage their documents efficiently and effectively, without wasting any time or unnecessary effort. However, we would like to mention that despite our best efforts, we may not always be able to cater to every organization’s needs and that there may be other vendors that can. Regardless, we are more than happy to help you come to a sound conclusion, even if it means we aren’t the best fit. Please, contact us, if you require assistance. Alternatively, you may book a free demo to see our offerings in action.