With the quickly evolving healthcare landscape and ever more stringent HIPAA requirements, it is understandable that it can be difficult for organizations to make sure they are up to date with compliance.
In this webinar, Anupam Sahai of Aegify, explains how integrating policy management software with compliance tools from Aegify, can make compliance for your organization much more prepared for a healthcare facility audit by state agencies.
Anupam will address why HIPAA/HITECH compliance is a complex subject affecting millions of healthcare businesses and their business associates, including:
- Failure to conduct an adequate assessment may put your healthcare organization at risk of a PHI breach – and, ultimately, a charge of “willful-neglect,” may result in: Federal and State Attorney General prosecution of a HIPAA data breach
- Civil Monetary Penalties with potential criminal prosecution
- OCR fines of up to $1.5 million per incident with no upper limit
- Damage to your organization’s brand and reputation as a trusted, community healthcare provider
He will also cover topics such as:
- HIPAA Omnibus – summary of changes
- Implications of changes for medical providers, business associates, and sub-contractors
- HIPAA Assessments and Meaningful Use; Best Practices and Caveats
- Steps to prepare and be ready for an OCR Audit