Last week, PolicyMedical celebrated 15 wonderful years in business!
Since its conception in 2001, PolicyMedical has seen a lot of growth and success. What better way to celebrate that success and commemorate our 15 year anniversary, than by sharing 15 facts about PolicyMedical that you may not have known!
15 Things you may not have known about PolicyMedical *
- Our company came from humble beginnings, and was in fact started in CEO Saud Juman’s mother’s basement! The boardroom in our Toronto office is named after her address to pay homage to this history.
- Our signature software product, PolicyManager™, was the first ever policy management software to be launched in North America.
- ‘PolicyMedical’ was originally going to be called ‘Wire Touch Software’. We have Saud’s brother to thank for that never happening!
- Our employees span the globe with their backgrounds and rich history, representing nearly all of the world’s continents (except Australia and Antarctica).
- Nearly half of our workforce is made up of females.
- We live and grow our company on the philosophy of making people happy and healthy, a belief brought down directly from our CEO.
- In the last 3 years, PolicyMedical has tripled its staff size.
- Our first ever client was Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital (Plattsburgh, New York), with which we still do business today.
- PolicyMedical currently services over 3000 plus healthcare facilities across the United States and Canada. That number was at 1,500 just a few years ago.
- Our home bases are in Toronto, Canada and San Francisco, California.
- We have an ever-evolving mascot named Nurse Nora!
- Our CMO, Sanjaya Kumar, MD, is a prominent figure in the healthcare world and is a published author! His book Fatal Care: Survive in the U.S. Health System talks in depth about preventable medical errors and tells the stories of patients who’s lives were impacted by some of the safety gaps in the U.S. healthcare system.
- Our CEO, Saud Juman, is a personal development speaker and talks to audiences about everything from mindfulness and meditation, to personal health and wellbeing.
- We believe happy employees make happy clients, so we treat our staff REAL nice. Some of the perks? 5 weeks paid vacation, fresh organic fruit delivered to the office on a weekly basis, paid learning and travel opportunities, frequent team outings, lots of laughs, and more!
- We’re not slowing down anytime soon!
*Data as of July 2016