We recently had a discussion in the PolicyMedical office regarding support and how policy management software vendors should treat the support requests of specific clients – whether they are the vendor’s biggest client, smallest client or partner facilities to a client going through the sales process. As such I would like to take this time to outline the support that you will receive when utilizing PolicyManager™ or any other PolicyMedical product.
First off, let me say, policy management software vendors should treat all clients equally! This seems like a no-brainer, and thankfully many vendors do this, but it’s always best to ask any prospective vendors about their specific support process so that you are fully aware of their capabilities and the level of attentiveness you will receive. Below I’ve laid out the PolicyMedical support process. I can’t speak to every vendor out there, but most follow this principle – with varying response time requirements and quality of support. Hopefully this article will shed some light on the service you should expect and hold accountable of any policy management software vendor you choose (regardless if it’s us or not).
- Whether your organization covers 20 facilities and thousands of people or covers one facility and twenty people, you will receive the same personal care with each and every request at PolicyMedical.
- All requests find their way through the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) guideline. Just because your organization covers 20 employees doesn’t mean your support ticket is any less important than that of an organization that covers 20 facilities.
- The support your relative facilities rave about while you’re in the sales process is not just us trying to look good, it’s who we are. We do our utmost to understand your needs and help resolve any problem as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Service Level Agreement
With each and every contract, we provide the below SLA. This is what our Client Interactions team uses for each support ticket. It should be noted that if a client ever reports a Priority 1, we, at PolicyMedical, have not done our jobs properly monitoring and maintaining PolicyManager™. Since PolicyManager™ 6.0 went live three years ago, we’ve only encountered one instance of Priority 1 support which resulted in an unfortunate 2 hour outage – something we’re eager to never repeat. Here’s a handy indicator of what each priority setting means:
- “Priority 1 – Emergency” – A site outage that results in service being unavailable for access or login. An interruption of service to a mission critical system, application, server or database (“mission critical application”) causing service to be unavailable.
- “Priority 2 – High” – A site or mission critical application performance issue that results in service performance degradation or latency. An interruption of service to a non-mission critical system, application, server or database (“non-mission critical application”) causing service to be unavailable.
- “Priority 3 – Medium” – A non-mission critical application performance issue that results in service performance degradation or latency, or a problem with the functionality of a link, button, graphic or option for either a mission or non-mission critical application.
- “Priority 4 – Low” – Requests for additions or modifications to a service.
|Priority Level||Response Time|
|Priority 1 – Emergency||4 hours|
|Priority 2 – High||24 hours|
|Priority 3 – Medium||3 support days|
|Priority 4 – Low||5 support days|
I know what you’re thinking, “5 days for a response time?!?!?”, the above are our numbers in which we hold ourselves accountable inside our SLA, which means that is the latest possible response time and not necessarily the standard (often our response times are much faster). Ultimately, I know I would rather have the knowledge that I’ll be getting a response within a few days rather than wondering if I’ll get a response at all.
PolicyManager™ Agent Support
You can contact live agent support via email and telephone during the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 6:00pm EST and Saturday to Sunday: 10:00am to 3:00pm EST. Or for the do-it-yourselfers you can find our support documentation including FAQ and video guides at http://support.policymedical.com.
PolicyMedical is a health care policy and procedure software vendor and does its utmost to ensure all of our clients always receive the same great care and support. Our PolicyManager™ software may or may not be the right fit for your organization, but we’re more than willing to answer any of your policy management software questions. Simply contact us or if you’re curious about PolicyManager™ you can request a free demo.